- For the Full and Sprint course, Race HQ, start and transition for the race will be at Ludlow Rugby Club, The Linney, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 1EE. Registration, parking and transition will all take place here. All athletes will finish within the grounds of Ludlow castle. The Junior Storm athletes will start and finish with Ludlow castle.
- The race will be on Sun 21 April 2024.
- The event is a duathlon, this being a run/bike/run endurance event. The distances are as follows:
Full course: 10km run – 33km bike – 5km run
Short course: 5km run – 21km bike – 2.5km run
Junior 800m run
(Please note, organisers reserve the right to alter the bike and/or run course if necessary).
- Both the Full course and Short course races are challenging events with both the run and bike routes offering tough sections of undulation. The run routes include both road and off road terrain, the off road is in a forest area with sections of steps and slopes. The bike routes are all on road, with the Full Course involving two main areas of climbing, and the Short Course involving one main area of climbing. The climbing elements on both the bike and the run routes are tough and will be a test of all athletes. The Junior Storm involves one 800m clockwise loop of the castle on tarmac footpath and stony trails.
EARLY BIRD STANDARD Full Course Individual £50 (+£6 medal) £60 (+£6 medal) Full Course relay £75 per team (+£6 medal pp) £90 per team (+£6 medal pp) Short Course Individual £35 (+£6 medal) £42 (+£6 medal) Short Course Relay £50 per team (+£6 medal pp) £60 per team (+£6 medal pp) Junior Storm N/A £7 (includes medal)
To enter the race visit the ‘How To Enter’ section on the website and follow instructions. Entry to the race is online only.
Online entry is being managed by RaceSpace.
- Yes we offer a two or three person relay option for both the Full Course and Short Course.
- For the Full course and Short course athletes must be a minimum of 16yrs at time of competing. Junior Stormers must be 15 years and under with those 10 years and under being accompanied by an adult.
- You will compete in the age group that you are in on the day of the race.
- No. The race will be run under British Triathlon rules and regulations. A copy of these can be found on the British Triathlon website.
- Registration will be available at Ludlow Rugby club on Saturday 20 April 2024 during the day and on Sunday 21 April 2024 on race morning. Full details will be provided in the Athlete Guide, that will be e-mailed to you one week before the event. We do not send out race numbers or timing chips in the post.
- No. We will not be imposing a cut off for the race. However if the race organisers feel that you are not in a fit and healthy condition to finish the race then they will inform you and their decision will be final.
- The majority of the run route is on road/hard trails and therefore we would suggest that a standard running shoe would be suitable, however if weather conditions are very wet then the forest section can become slippery, in which case a trail shoe might be more appropriate. We recommend monitoring the weather conditions in the lead up to the race. The bike route is suitable for any bike that is propelled by human power alone, this can be a time trial bike, a road bike, a gravel bike or mountain bike, but does not include any kind of electrically assisted bike. You MUST wear a bike helmet to race. Your bike, it’s roadworthiness, and your helmet will be checked prior to being allowed into the transition area.
- Yes. There will be prizes for age group winners. Full details of prizes will be announced closer to race day.
You are eligible for a full refund (minus a £10 admin fee and 6% online booking fee) up until one month before the event. The final date to be eligible for a refund is Sunday 24 March 2024 at 23.59. To be eligible for a full refund, you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You are eligible to defer your entry to the following year’s Storm the Castle duathlon, up until one week before the event. The final date to be eligible for a deferral is Sunday 14th April 2024 at 23.59. To be eligible for a deferral, you must email us at email@example.com . Entries can only be deferred once.
You are eligible to transfer your entry to another STC race within that year’s event, or to another participant, up until one month before the event. The final date to be eligible for a transfer is Sunday 14th April 2024 at 23.59. To be eligible for a transfer, you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Absolutely. The athletes will start at Ludlow Rugby Club and finish within the grounds of Ludlow castle. The run course offers a number of sections where spectators can follow their athletes. The bike course is more tricky as we will be enforcing road closures in the area around Race HQ, however the Full Course cyclists will pass through Lentwardine, Adferton and Wigmore and the Short Course cyclists will pass through Downton before re-joining the Full Course route at Elton (see maps on course route tab). Ludlow is a beautiful town with a host of shops and cafes to spend your time while the athletes are out there having fun.
For all other queries, please get in touch.