- For the Full and Short course, Race HQ, start and transition for the race will be at Ludlow Rugby Club, The Linney, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 1EE. Registration, parking and transition will all take place here. All athletes will finish within the grounds of Ludlow castle. The Junior Storm athletes will start and finish with Ludlow castle.
- The race will be on Sun 23 April 2023.
- The event is a duathlon, this being a run/bike/run endurance event. The distances are as follows:
Full course: 10km run – 33km bike – 5km run
Short course: 5km run – 21km bike – 2.5km run
Junior 800m run
(Please note, organisers reserve the right to alter the bike and/or run course if necessary).
- Both the Full course and Short course races are challenging events with both run and bike courses offering tough sections of undulation. The run courses include both road and off road terrain, the off road is in a forest area with sections of steps and slopes. The bike course is all on road, the Full course includes 2 main areas of climbing, whereas the Short course offers one main area of climbing. The climbing in both the bike and the run are tough and will be a test of all athletes. The Junior Storm involves one 800m clockwise loop of the castle on tarmac footpath and stony trails.
EARLY BIRD STANDARD Individual £40 (+£5 medal) £50 (+£5 medal) Individual + T-shirt £50 (+£5 medal) £60 (+£5 medal) Relay £60 per team £75 per team Relay + T-shirt £80 – £90 per team £95 – £105 per team
To enter the race visit the ‘How To Enter’ section on the website and follow instructions. Entry to the race is online only.
Online entry is being managed by RaceSpace.
- Yes we offer a two or three person relay option for the Full course and Short course.
- For the Full course and Short course athletes must be a minimum of 16yrs at time of competing. Junior Stormers must be 15 years and under with those 10 years and under being accompanied by an adult.
- You will compete in the age group that you are in on the day of the race.
- No. The race will be run under British Triathlon rules and regulations. A copy of these can be found on the British Triathlon website.
- Registration will be available at Ludlow Rugby club on Saturday 22 April during the day and on Sunday 23 April on race morning. Full details will be provided in the Athlete Guide. We do not send out race numbers or timing chips in the post.
- No. We will not be imposing a cut off for the race. However if the race organisers feel that you are not in a fit and healthy condition to finish the race then they will inform you and their decision will be final.
- The majority of the run course is on road/hard trails and therefore would suggest that a standard run shoe is suitable for the course, however if weather conditions are very wet then the forest section can become slippery. Please monitor weather conditions in the lead up to the race. The bike course is suitable for a road or time trial bike. Mountain bikes will not be permitted. You MUST wear a bike helmet to race. No Helmet = No Race!!!
- Yes. There will be prizes for age group winners. Full details of prizes will be announced closer to race day.
You are eligible for a full refund (minus £10.00 admin fee and 6% online booking fee) up until one calendar month prior to the event. The final date to be eligible for a refund is 22 March 2023. To be eligible for a refund you must email us at email@example.com. You are eligible to transfer your entry to another Be Endurance event within the same calendar year (terms & conditions apply). You are eligible to transfer your entry to another Be Endurance event within the same calendar year (terms & conditions apply) up until one calendar month prior to the event. The final date to be eligible for a transfer is 22 March 2023. To transfer your entry you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not offer a deferral policy.
Absolutely. The athletes will start at Ludlow Rugby Club and finish within the grounds of Ludlow castle. The run course offers a number of sections where spectators can follow their athletes. The bike course is more tricky as we will be enforcing road closures in the area around Race HQ, however the Full course cyclists will pass through Lentwardine, Adferton and Wigmore and the Short course cyclists will pass through Downton before re-joining the Full course route through Pipe Aston. Ludlow is a beautiful town with a host of shops and cafes to spend your time while the athletes are out there having fun.
For all other queries, please get in touch.