- The race is based in Ludlow, Shropshire. The start and transition for the race will be at Ludlow Rugby Club, The Linney, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 1EE. Registration, parking and transition will all take place here. The race will finish inside the grounds of Ludlow Castle.
- The race will be on Sunday 22 April 2018. The races will begin at 8am. Depending on numbers there may be a number of waves. You will be notified of this prior to race day.
- The event is a duathlon, this being a run/bike/run endurance event. The distances are as follows:
Run 1: 10km
Run 2: 5km
(Please note, organisers reserve the right to alter the bike and/or run course if necessary).
- The race is a challenging event with both run and bike courses offering tough sections of undulation. The run courses include both road and off road terrain, the off road is in a forest area with sections of steps and slopes. The bike course is all on road and includes 2 main areas of climbing. The climbing in both the bike and the run are tough and will be a test of all athletes. The unique setting of the race includes running around the perimeter walls of Ludlow Castle with the race finishing inside the castle.
Individual entry fee is £48.00 (EARLY BIRD OFFER £43 UNTIL 1 SEPT 2017).
Relay entry is £75 per team (EARLY BIRD OFFER £65 UNTIL 1 SEPT 2017). Relay teams can comprise of two or three athletes.
If you are not a British Triathlon Federation member then you need to pay an additional £5 to purchase the ‘Race Day’ licence necessary to participate.
To enter the race visit the ‘How To Enter’ section on the website and follow instructions. Entry to the race is online only.
Online entry is being managed by Entry Central.
- Yes we will be offering a relay option as well as the individual race. Just fill in the relevant boxes when entering.
- The minimum age for entry for the individual or relay race is 16yrs old on the day of the race.
You will compete in the age group that you are in on the day of the race.
- No. The race will be run under British Triathlon rules and regulations. A copy of these can be found on the British Triathlon website.
You will pick up your race entry pack at the race venue. This can be done either on the day before or on the morning of the race. The race pack will include your race number, timing chip, race stickers and goody bag.
Full details of where, when and how to pick up your registration pack will be announced approximately 1 month before the race day.
- The transition area is where the athlete transfers from one sport to the next. Only athletes are allowed in the transition area and identification will need to be presented to the transition marshalls in order to gain access to the transition area. Each athlete will be allocated a rack to use and they will then find themselves an area to set up their own space. Bikes will be racked in alternating facing directions to save space. We ask that you do not bring any more equipment into the transition area than you need and that you respect the other athletes space.
- No. We will not be imposing a cut off for the race. However if the race organisers feel that you are not in a fit and healthy condition to finish the race then they will inform you and their decision will be final.
- Due to the nature of the run we would suggest that you consider wearing trail running shoes, or at least monitor weather conditions and if there has been significant rain in the lead up to the race then a standard running shoe may not give the optimal amount of grip. The bike course would be suitable for either a road or a time trial bike. Mountain bikes will not be permitted. You must wear a helmet to race. No Helmet = No Race!!!
- Yes. There will be prizes for age group winners. Full details of prizes will be announced closer to race day.
If you are unable to attend you need to let us know ASAP. We will offer a refund policy based on when you notify us of your wish to withdraw from the race.
If you withdraw before 31 Jan 2018 you will receive a 75% refund
If you withdraw between 1 Feb to 31 March you will receive a 50% refund
If you withdraw between 1 April to 15 April you will receive a 25% refund
After 15 April there will no refunds available
Absolutely, we will encourage athletes to bring family and friends with them. The run course offers a number of sections where spectators can follow their athletes. The finish of the race will be within the Ludlow Castle grounds and spectators will be able to watch their athletes cross the finish line.
Ludlow is a beautiful town with a host of shops and cafe’s to spend your time while the athletes are out doing their thing.
For all other queries, please get in touch.